Simple Summer Caraway Coleslaw
Maybe its just the inevitable slow march to summer for us here in the Northeast or the fact that we have been locked in our homes for the last couple of months, but I am SO ready for summer! Although, we are likely a long way off from those lazy beach days, we have had a few decent days and it makes me want to get outside and enjoy a great backyard barbeque. For now, its just a very select guest list, namely my husband and I and some furry, four-legged children. But its good practice for when can finally socialize again.
One of my biggest complaints with most commercial and restaurant coleslaws…. way too much mayonnaise! I found this super simple and delicious recipe for coleslaw. You won’t even miss the mayonnaise!
· 2 cups thinly sliced white cabbage
· 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
· 1 medium carrot, washed and grated
· 2 tsp caraway seeds
· 2 tbsp finely chopped, flat-leaf parsley
· 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
· ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
· ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
· Pinch sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine cabbage, carrots, caraway seeds and parsley in a bowl.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the coleslaw mix.
Season with salt and pepper to taste – toss well and serve.
Makes 4 servings